Skip to main content
Question

Play5 gen 1 disappears from s1

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

As heading says, often when I start my s1 app, my 2 Play5 gen cant be found, keeps getting the message ”all your devices are s2 compatible”

I have 2 systems, one s1 and one s2.

This has started happening quite ferequently.

Last time I had to unplug all s2 devices.

When I opend s1 both Play5 was found in s1.

Now it happend again, very annoying, I dont want unplug all s2 devices every time I want to listen to music on my s1 system.

I have stated every time this isdue occured that I want to stay on s1 for this system.

Btw, I pressed play on the play5 manually and the music started, I can however not control on my ios s1 since no speakers are to be found 😡

Any idea?

2 replies

It sounds like your S1 system and S2 system are sharing the same Household ID, which usually happens if the S2 system was created from an S1 upgrade. The only answer I know to resolve it permanently, if indeed the S2 system was created in the way described, is to start from scratch with one of the systems and create an entirely new system/Household… 

Either system can be chosen, but it wipes everything in the chosen system, so it’s not an easy solution, but it works for the long-term. Taking the drastic steps mentioned though, is a matter for yourself.

Thanks for reply Ken.

Correct, I created/split the systems from an existing system due to that I added 2 new Play fives incompatible with s1.

I followed a guide splitting the system into s1 and s2.

Had big issues getting the s1 system to work, I had to change some router settings.

I finally got it working, but then, all of a sudden this issue started, I think after someone unplugged ( the ethernet conncted) one of the old Play5s.

After that it happend a couple of times, I have to unplug all s2 speakers to get s1 speakers found by s1.

I dont why it started after quite some time, I have not done any updates on neither s1 nor s2.

I really dont want to start from scratch again, but at the same time, the way it (not) works for now gets me frustrated, very unstable.

/Michael