Question

play1 can not be found in the app

• 13 May 2024
  • 5 replies

After a factory reset the play 1 Connects to wifi using the app, but than the app can not find the play1 in the wifi network. I than get a pop-up saying to unplug the play 1, plug back in and than the app should find it but nothing happens…

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Try hardwiring Play:1 to your router with an ethernet cable and check if it is able to show up in your app

Does not help. I can ad the play1 with the app but after adding i get a pop -up that says the speaker is added but is probebly not showing in system preferences  and i need to unlug it, plug it n and find it in system preferences but it is still not showing….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does not help. I can ad the play1 with the app but after adding i get a pop -up that says the speaker is added but is probebly not showing in system preferences  and i need to unlug it, plug it n and find it in system preferences but it is still not showing….

Well try to unplug your play:1 and connect it with ethernet cable then plug it back in. then check if your play:1 shows up, if not try factory resetting again but with the ethernet cable connected and also reset your app and try setting up a new system with that play:1

Hi Tsumaa,

already tryde that but sadly no result  Getting hopeles, i think it has to do with the much discussed recent update

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have exactly the same issue.

After my products falling off the app I did a hard reset.

It steps you through the process, but you get to a point where it says you need to unplug / reboot to register the device. When you do so, it comes back with a message that says it can't find your wireless network.

I then tried the same process with an Ethernet cable. Despite be plugged in, it still comes back with a message saying it can't find your wireless network