Skip to main content

Hi all, I have a new soundbar arc , gen 3 sub and an old play 1 speaker . I have the s2 app installed in my phone and have all showing on my s2 app even the play 1 . I can play music on the play 1 fine and also on the soundbar fine but they won’t play together in the group. If I try to play through the group it will play on one and if I try to select the other it says sorry can’t connect. Very odd. Should I be able to group the two speakers even through the play 1 is old ? Thanks so far 

In the past several weeks, there have been reports of this behavior on speakers that haven’t been updated properly, so that all are running the same software. Have you checked for updates? 

Hi thanks for the reply. Can you force an update or how do you check as when I connected the play 1 yesterday to the s2 app it said there was an update and updated before it would connect . Sorry all new to Sonos 

No, I don’t have access to your system, you have to do it locally. I am not an Sonos employee, either, so not having access to your system is probably a good thing. 

Are you using the S2 controller? If so, click on the gear icon in the top, upper right, then click on the word ‘manage’, which will appear under it. Then look at the list of options on the left. You may need to scroll down to see, and click on ‘System updates’. Then click on ‘Check for updates’.

If that doesn’t work, however, I would suggest you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

lol sorry I didn’t mean you do it lol any way found the update option and it updated my new hardware and bingo it all works . You star….. thanks 

Heh. I realized about two seconds after hitting ‘post’ that it may have been me misunderstanding. 

Glad it’s working now. ;)