Skip to main content
Question

Play stops on speakers when changing music on another

• 20 June 2024
  • 4 replies

There are two scenarios that keep occurring since adding additional speakers this week. 

1. When I have a group that is playing music and start music on a separate speaker via the app not part of that group, the group music stops
  2. Similarly, when I have a group that is playing music and start music on a separate speaker via Sonos Voice Control, the group music stops

It would appear that it doesn’t seem to matter whether the music already playing is coming from a group or an individual speaker, in both cases it stops and I have to play about in the app to get it so that different music is playing from different zones.

This doesn’t seem right or feel like good user experience. Can someone expand on this and whether there is an issue here?

In my set up I have an Era 100 which is in our loft, an Era 300 which is in our dining room, a Beam gen2 and mini sub in the lounge and a Move 2. Music is playing from Spotify which I have added as a service.

Thanks

4 replies

I have the same problem with the new app. Has anyone found a solution?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Just ran a test on an iPhone 15. Started a track in the Arc etc. system by opening a Qobuz playlist and double tapping on one of the tracks.  Then I swiped up from the bottom to see all the speakers, selected the Move pair, chose a different Qobuz playlist and double tapped a track.  The Arc & Move are playing the two different tracks right now.

Did not try this with any of the context menu choices shown when a selection is held on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @apforrest & @waxgems99 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of this issue you are both having with playing multiple Spotify streams to your Sonos systems.

We were unable to recreate this issue with our own testing. Consequently, please try removing your Spotify accounts from your Sonos systems, then add them back on again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

apforrest:

Is it only when you are using groups?  Does it work correctly when using only a single speaker as I described above?