Skip to main content

More of my Play 5 speakers have lost their wireless capability. After about two years the first Play 5 speaker lost its wireless capability and we had to purchase a power line extender to make it work. Now after another two years the other two Play 5 speakers in a different room have now lost their wireless capability and I will have to purchase two more powerline extenders and a hub so I don’t run out of Ethernet ports. Whilst Sonos sounds great the quality of the wireless components inside these very expensive speakers is obviously of a poor quality and not something we expect when paying top dollar for good speakers. So to all out there considering buying Sonos just take tis into consideration. Other than that the sound is unbeatable when operating properly.

There have been reports of the wireless cards failing in some Play:5/Gen2s. You appear to have been particularly badly affected. 

I suggest you temporarily wire the affected units, so all are visible in a controller, and then submit a system diagnostic. Note the number and contact Sonos Support.

Awesome thanks Ratty