Skip to main content

Hoping to get some help here,  since Sonos customer service is worthless.  

I currently have the play 1 and play 3 speakers.  I just purchased the play 5, with the hope of this working in conjunction with my Donner turn table.  

1-will the turn table work with all of the speakers ( old and new)? 

2-which version of the app do I use? 

Thanks in advance for the insight!

A Play 5 requires Sonos S1. It does not work with Sonos S2. (Both Play 1 and Play 3 works with both S1 and S2.)

Did you purchase the Play:5 Gen 1 or Gen 2?

I’m presuming you’re referring to the current generation Play:5.  As long as ALL the speakers are on the same network and using the same version of the Sonos app, yes, you can do what you are mentioning.

Set the Play:5 to “Line Input” and group the other speakers to whatever the Play:5 is playing.  Then you have analog goodness sent over digital pipes all around your home.  You might need a phono stage - I’m not familiar with Donner and whether they have a built in phono stage to amplify it to line level.

Sorry it’s not a play 5.  It’s a 5

It’s a 5, not a play 5

Same answer. Plug your turntable into the input. Group your 5 to the others. 

Thanks for the help.  Working off the s2 app.  Not allowing me to group them all together. Says unable to connect.  Try again later

Thanks for the help.  Working off the s2 app.  Not allowing me to group them all together. Says unable to connect.  Try again later

Brown (old) S2 app or new (black) one?

Wifi extenders on your network? Try to restart all devices including router.