Play 3 will now not register on existing system

• 4 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Anyone else found that you arent supported with older sonos speakers such as Play 3. My play 3 all of a sudden isnt registered on my existing system...and the apps will not allow it to re-register, as they state "uncompatible with app" irrevalent of which app i use. SONOS once again devaluing their product and customers. #allaboutnewcustomers

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My 3 Play:3s are all fine thanks.

I’ve only got two PLAY:3s, set up as a stereo pair, running S2 without issue. I haven’t run S1 since S2 came out, but certainly had no issues before then, either. 

Perhaps if you were to provide more information about the issues your system is experiencing, this community might be able to help. 

Anyone else found that you arent supported with older sonos speakers such as Play 3. My play 3 all of a sudden isnt registered on my existing system...and the apps will not allow it to re-register, as they state "uncompatible with app" irrevalent of which app i use. SONOS once again devaluing their product and customers. #allaboutnewcustomers

This Sonos Support link may explain the App incompatibility error - see here how to fix:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/product-shown-as-incompatible-in-the-sonos-s2-app

I’m experiencing the same problem!Sonos in not contactable either.It is driving me crazy.I’ve reconnected it with the Ethernet cable !I’ve done everything.They are going quickly to lose me as a customer.

I’m experiencing the same problem!Sonos in not contactable either.It is driving me crazy.I’ve reconnected it with the Ethernet cable !I’ve done everything.They are going quickly to lose me as a customer.

You need to perhaps provide more detail about this - if it was on an S1 Household, for example, then it may require a different App - if it was on an S2 Household, then you need to outline what happened, any errors and perhaps your network setup, which if using WiFi needs to be 802.11 b/g/n compatible for setup with security mode (ideally) WPA2 (Personal) and the controller device and system requirements needs to meet the specifications in these links below:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-system-requirements
https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

I have a play 3 speaker like (the previous person who can’t get answers) after connecting it via ethernet.The message was this product is not registered..I am quite sure my wifi is compatible.In any case I have tried at least 30 times to call you.I have left 3 messages but did not receive a call back.If I have to have a whole new Wifi system for 1 of my speakers to connect I think it is a bit much.My play bar ,Sub, and my other play 3 is working so I don’t understand why this one  won’t connect.This update has been difficult for a lot of people it seems.Why did you have to make it so that  the S 1 one doesn’t work any morel.It would have made for smoother transition if both the versions worked.Very Unhappy.

I have a play 3 speaker like (the previous person who can’t get answers) after connecting it via ethernet.The message was this product is not registered..I am quite sure my wifi is compatible.In any case I have tried at least 30 times to call you.I have left 3 messages but did not receive a call back.If I have to have a whole new Wifi system for 1 of my speakers to connect I think it is a bit much.My play bar ,Sub, and my other play 3 is working so I don’t understand why this one  won’t connect.This update has been difficult for a lot of people it seems.Why did you have to make it so that  the S 1 one doesn’t work any morel.It would have made for smoother transition if both the versions worked.Very Unhappy.

Just to say first of all, this is a Sonos ‘user’ community… I am another Sonos user, like yourself. You are not speaking to Sonos support - so if you need help from other users here, you need to provide more detail about the Play 3 - is it one you’ve recently purchased, was it running on S1 or S2? …the more info. you can provide the more likely someone here can perhaps assist you.