Play 3 will now not register on existing system

Badge

Anyone else found that you arent supported with older sonos speakers such as Play 3. My play 3 all of a sudden isnt registered on my existing system...and the apps will not allow it to re-register, as they state "uncompatible with app" irrevalent of which app i use. SONOS once again devaluing their product and customers. #allaboutnewcustomers

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My 3 Play:3s are all fine thanks.

I’ve only got two PLAY:3s, set up as a stereo pair, running S2 without issue. I haven’t run S1 since S2 came out, but certainly had no issues before then, either. 

Perhaps if you were to provide more information about the issues your system is experiencing, this community might be able to help. 

Anyone else found that you arent supported with older sonos speakers such as Play 3. My play 3 all of a sudden isnt registered on my existing system...and the apps will not allow it to re-register, as they state "uncompatible with app" irrevalent of which app i use. SONOS once again devaluing their product and customers. #allaboutnewcustomers

This Sonos Support link may explain the App incompatibility error - see here how to fix:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/product-shown-as-incompatible-in-the-sonos-s2-app