Answered

Play:3 Upgraded to S2 and it's all broken :-(

• 25 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I was using the S1 app up until two days ago. I have upgraded to S2 app and initially it worked after a few teething problems connecting. As of this evening I cannot connect at all. The Play:3 will not connect to the router nor can I see the elusive ‘Sonos has created a wifi network for you to connect to’. I have literally tried everything and have resorted to completely resetting the Play:3 as if I were selling it nd still it will not connect. 

I can see all the devices connected using the router portal and have reset the portal also. 

I’m kicking myself for upgrading TBH. I wish I’d have just stayed on the S1 as this worked without issue. I’m about half a bottle of wine away from listing it on eBay and buying another Alexa Studio! 

I’ve followed every guide on the Sonos site, every google result and every router help forum. I’m done. BTW, I am tech savvy and work in the network industry. 

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by ElvisJones 25 June 2020, 23:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

OK...Here’s what I did if anyone’s interested in the slightest….

1. Removed the device from it’s location
  2. Plugged it in to the router and powered it up...waited an age for it to connect (as seen on the router portal)
  3. Reinstalled the Sonos S2 iOS app.
  4. Connected by using the wired option (The app will allow this if it can’t find the wireless)
  5. Moved the device back to it’s original position and connected to the extender near the speaker location. 
  6. Repeated the connection using an ethernet cable
  7. The app then went through setting the speaker up via wifi (took an age)
  8. Removed the ethernet cable and tested using the S2 app - all good

Funnily enough, upgrading the next smartphone in the house that also uses the speaker to S2 worked immediately. I guess it was just an issue with the initial S2 and speaker upgrade. 

I can now finish the rest of my bottle of Chianti without my head exploding.  

Tried the same for my Play:3. Does not work :frowning2: You just got lucky. I am still trying before just crushing my Play:3 :triumph:

Hello, I try to connect my play:3 to my system (S2). I find the play:3, than I push the button, the sound comes, and than the process stops and the app say there is a problem to connect. The led is flashing red.

Does anyone has an idea to fix the problem?

Thanks and best regards!

You may be better off opening a new thread, but I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic while the PLAY:3 is cabled directly to your router, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.