Skip to main content

I gather Play 3s have power issues sometimes and I may have joined the club if anyone can help.

My Play 3 stopped playing and the led went out. No noise, nothing, it just stopped.

When I switched it off and on again I got the led to go white but then it went out and nothing else.

Ive tried holding down the mute button when switching on and the same thing happens - a brief white light (not flashing) and then nothing.

Can anyone explain what the issue is or whether the speaker is dead? I find it strange that I get a light for about 3 seconds though if the power has failed completely.

If the unit turns on, (white light) then it turns off again, it's more than likely a hardware failure and not a power issue.

Give Sonos support a call next week. Who knows, you may get a 15%, 20% or 30% off a new product.

If you have any surviving Play 3s give them a good quality surge suppressor. Far cheaper than replacing speakers.

I like the Tripp-Lite brand of single outlet ones or the Iso-Bar line for more outlets.