Skip to main content

have sonos secretly Bricked play 1s ????

I had system in a living room,2 sonos ones plus 2 play1s,and 3rd gen sub …..

these play1s stopped working with wifi, have spent weeks on phone, live chats etc….,

reset app, reset router, reset speakers etc you name it ive done this with support from sonos……

the app seems lacking behind at times when trying to configure some systems….

MY RESOLVE !!!!!!

I SWAPPED 2 PLAY1S to bedroom that YES DID HOOK UP TO A SYSTEM  WITH WIFI BOOSTER

added 2 sonos 1s to living room….. very frustrated at times with sonos as THEY ARE EXPENSIVE

they just don't connect at times and my wifi is high speed, just thing its unreliable at times and they need to INVEST MORE INTO APP OR THEIR SOFTWARE

ANY THOUGHTS PEOPLE ????

have sonos secretly Bricked play 1s ????

Absolutely not.

In between all the SHOUTing in your post I’m unclear what works and doesn’t work about your system.

The words “WIFI BOOSTER” raise a red flag however, as Sonos doesn’t support WiFi extenders. If you want help you’d need to describe your network in detail.

I know they don’t support WiFi boosters 

I connected all speakers on 1 WiFi  before adding a booster for a back bedroom  the play1s done connect with my 3rd gen sub as it’s 5mhz and everything else is 2.4. MHz 

tried everything Sonos has told me and still not connected until I paired with 1st gen sub

Still unsure about what you’ve done. What did Sonos advise you?

You “connected all speakers” and yet they “still not connected until paired” with a Sub? So now everything’s fine?

had 1 system with 2 ones.sub 3rd gen,2 play 1s in living room

these play 1s were working fine all of a sudden they won't connect…..

have 2nd system in bedroom with 2 ones,a sub 1st gen,the play 1s connected to this no problem 

same wifi 

everything running on 2.4mhz but sub 3rd gen in living room is 5mhz…….I believe the issue is this sub is the cause of my connection issue as tried everything for weeks trying to connect these, they won't connect with living room, yet connect no prob in bedroom ,