Skip to main content
Answered

play:1 will not play next song after S2 upgrade

• 24 December 2022
  • 2 replies

We added a new Sonos One SL to our system today and had to upgrade from S1 to S2. Now we experience that the old Sonos Play:1 will not play next song in list. It just stops after the song is finished. Have no idea what to do to make it work. There is no network problem at all. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Maybe try a different non-overlapping 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to begin with (using either channel 1, 6 or 11) and perhaps see if that quick WiFi channel-change will resolve your issue.

If it’s a streaming service you’re playing from, also try reauthorising it in the App or removing and resinstalling the service completely.

I’m not quite sure I understand how you determined there isn’t a network issue, this sure seems like some sort of disconnect between your speaker and your router. 

In addition to @Ken_Griffiths suggestion, I’d be awfully tempted to unplug the speaker from power, and reboot the router. I would wait a couple of minutes for the router to come back up. This forces a reload of both device’s OS, which might be helpful.