Answered

Play:1 Stereo Pair can't build queue

• 7 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of Sonos Play:1 speakers. My setup is a stereo pair that I launch through Alexa.

Recently this stopped working. I have gone directly to the Sonos app on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows, but attempts to add songs, albums, or playlists from Spotify, Pandora, or YouTube Music all result in some form of “Unable to add to queue”. I am able to replace the queue.

I have factory reset the devices, connected them to a fresh Sonos account, removed the services and added them back - basically everything I could think of to clear the cruft.

Along the way, I found that it works much better if they are not paired. I placed them in separate “rooms”. Essentially they are set up as 2 mono speakers in the same physical space. This allows the queue to work more or less as expected.

The issue is producible. Breaking the stereo pair returns functionality and restoring it breaks the functionality.

At first I thought it was just time to give up on the Play:1, but this seems more like a software bug

icon

Best answer by ratty 7 August 2022, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It sounds much more like a local network issue. It would help to have a description of your network and how the Sonos units connect.

Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.