Answered

Play 1 speakers on S2 app

• 16 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Sonos support is telling me I can't currently control my Play 1 speakers with the c2 app (which I need in order to add a new Sonos sub).  This totally contradicts their online compatibility list.  Can anyone confirm this or provide more info? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 September 2023, 15:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Someone’s got their wires crossed. Play:1 is perfectly compatible with S2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WilliamAP 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You should normally be able to upgrade your S1 Play:1s to S2, but there is currently a known issue with doing so. We are investigating this issue, and do not currently have an ETA for a resolution. The issue will be solved with a future software update for S1, so please check for updates regularly to get the fix as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Can someone please provide a bug number so that I can check back later to verify the bug has been fixed or not.  Thanks 

Where would you check? I’ve never seen public access to Sonos bug tracking db….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WilliamAP 

Apologies - I could have explained a bit better. I’ll be informed when the issue is resolved and will post here when that happens, but there may be a delay, which is why I said to check for updates regularly to get a resolution as soon as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WilliamAP 

Ironically, I just checked and there was an update yesterday (21st Sept) - please check for an S1 update now, and once it has been installed, you should then be able to update your Play:1s to the S2 software.

If you still encounter issues with doing so, please get in touch with our technical support team once more.

I hope this helps.