Answered

Play 1 not found by S1 controller after downgrade

• 22 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! I recently purchased a used play 5 (gen 1) to use with my current play 1. I was able to setup the play 5 on the S1 controller without issue. I have downgraded my current play 1 to be compatible with the S1 controller but I keep getting ‘product not found’ in the S1 controller app. The play 1 is blinking green, any ideas why the controller cannot find this product?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 January 2024, 18:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Could be some odd network issue, I’d recommend while setting it up that you wire it directly to the router. It also could be that it is still S2, and not yet appropriately S1. 

I'm having a similar issue and am very frustrated. I had Play 1's on an S2 system, and recently acquired Play 5's on separate S1 system - everything worked fine until I tried to Reset the Play 1's and add to the S1 system. Not sure, but I may have missed a step before deleting the S2 app. I have the Play 1 connected to router via network cable,  while the S1 system searches for it to add (I'm adding 1 at a time). S1 finds the Play 1, but the only options I get are "Review your options" and "About downgrading to S1". I view both "Review" and "About", bit then see no option to continue. Solutions appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could install the S2 app again in case the downgrade did not go through.