Skip to main content

I have a Play 1 device and have recently changed internet provider. If the device is plugged into the new router, all works fine as far as the set up goes, but as soon as I unplug to go wireless, the app stops working, as if there is no device. I have factory reset, and the device works normally with the green light and chime, etc. The problem appears to be localised to the  wireless end of things, but I can’t think what it might be. Any help would be appreciated. 

If you have 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks do they have the same name?

When you have the Play:1 wired to your new router and working in the Sonos App (as described), what are you seeing when you follow the “Update Networks” option to add the new routers WiFi SSID/credentials to the speaker? 

Sonos App: "Settings (gear icon)/System/Manage/Network/Manage Networks/Update Networks"

Bumper: Not sure. I’ve just moved to Spain and a friend sorted out the internet for me.

Ken: Ah, I can’t recall seeing that option. The device just plays normally, when plugged in, so I assumed that the internet had been correctly identified. I need to manually update too? I’ll try that. 

Many thanks - appreciated. 

Hi Ken,

On trying to update the network, the app tells me that it doesn’t identify any speaker and suggests that I factory reset. I’ll try that again:)

Just tried… same thing. The device is not recognised.

All now fixed thanks to my beautiful, amazing wife. Apparently, the app needed to be reset and then the device factory reset.

There appear to be a number of people on here having trouble. So, I’d suggest to those people to make sure that the app is reset.