Skip to main content
Question

play 1 - cannot connect to app

• 25 June 2024
  • 4 replies

play 1 - been offline for a couple of years, did all the factory resets etc, the soeaker is working becuase it played a sound during a software uodate. but for rhe life of me, i cannot get it to connect on tge app. the app cant find it. help!

4 replies

Hi Sonos,
Please could you respond, I have the same issue with a Gen 2 Sub (Arc), and Gen 1 Playbar, Bridge, and 2No. Play1’s!

Are they now junk after I spent £2K on your equipment!?

Thanks from James

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Sonos,
Please could you respond, I have the same issue with a Gen 2 Sub (Arc), and Gen 1 Playbar, Bridge, and 2No. Play1’s!

Are they now junk after I spent £2K on your equipment!?

Thanks from James

What’s happening precisely?

Hi,

Thanks for replying…..

It looks like Sonos have updated their app as they have a Sonos App, S2 App and an S1 app…

My equipment would need to be on the older S1 App looking at the compatability checker…

Everything used to appear ok - I can see all of my items registered online on my account, but the S1 App has lost the set-up, in that:

The Play’s no longer appear

The Playbar, Bridge and Sub show up, but it says they aren’t registered, but they are online, and the App won’t let me register them - it fails every time I try, it mention an update needed.  But I understand you can’t update the older products or you can’t use the old App

Hope that makes sense - I appear to be stuck in an update nightmare!

Thanks from James

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is a New Sonos System Update just gone live. Maybe try again.

Failing that, try updating using the Sonos desktop app for Windows or Mac which can often update where the phone app can’t as it is built on the old app infrastructure…

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/downloads