Answered

placement of sonos gen 3 subwoofer when using with sonos arc SL

• 21 August 2023
  • 6 replies

i purchased the sonos arc SL i am looking for suggestions on where to place the sonos gen 3 subwoofer.. my room is about 21x20. Would it do better behind the sofa or near the ARC itself? Or is it best to move it around? These may seem like dumb questions but i have never owned a subwoofer before or a quality speaker for that matter. So i thought i would ask people who might know.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 August 2023, 04:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Generally speaking, it likes to be in the same plane as the Arc…but I’d play around with placement, and see what you like best. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d try near the Arc as a first option but moving it around to different placements can make a big difference in the sound. 

Try putting it in a corner, then centered in your longest wall as alternatives. In a corner gives the most sound but it may be less even than centered on a wall. Think creative, some folks have tried flat under a chair.

Trueplay each location if you can and compare that on/off too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The nature of sound means that even a very small change of location can make a big change to the effect you hear. Go with what your ears tell you is best. 

Hi All..

I though my question will be relevant to this. 

what should be the minimum and maximum distance between Sonos Arc and the Sub Woofer in the same room?

I don’t think there really is a predefined min/max, as @nik9669a suggests, place it and see what your ears tell you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not a sound issue but the internal radios would likely be happier three feet apart.