Skip to main content
Answered

Placement help for stereo pair of Sonos Five

• 21 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Im about to buy two Sonos Five to make a stereo pair. I’m just wondering where to place them. The room is quite large. I’ve attached a video. I’m thinking maybe one on the counter and the other mounted on the wall where I pointed. Excuse the messy house, we’ve just had a baby! Haha. Thank you for the help!!

Video of room

5 replies

Badge

Just to add, it's specifically for listening to music and 99% of the time I would be either cooking or sitting at the island. Room is 23.5ft by 28ft wide. Thank you!

Optimum for a stereo pair is each one in front of the main listening area, 30 degrees off center.  So if you connect each with the listening point, it forms an equilateral triangle.

Badge

With this room, do you think it would be better to have both speakers in mono, rather than stereo?

With this room, do you think it would be better to have both speakers in mono, rather than stereo?

If you intend to place them where you are pointing, then yes I would add them as two rooms and group them together. 

Badge

If you intend to place them where you are pointing, then yes I would add them as two rooms and group them together. 

Thank you. Perhaps it would be better to put one next to the glass door and the other where I pointed the second time. Then I can have a stereo image. I’m just concerned I’d be quite far from them however, volume obviously wouldn’t be an issue