Answered

Perfoming proper trueplay with iPad

• 18 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Should I be waving the iPad from floor to ceiling while aiming towards the walls or should I be walking around the room waving and aiming directly at the Arc. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Arc/2 gen 3 subs/2 ones using iPad gen8. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 January 2023, 18:31

View original

2 replies

I personally tend to walk/cover the entire room, from slightly above head height (when standing), to slightly below head height (when seated) and move quietly around the room waving the iOS device slowly, as shown in the video that’s part of the Trueplay wizard.

When using an iPad (or iPhone), I have the mic at the top and hold the right side of the iPad, it’s screen faces me (more or less) as I circle the room in both directions clockwise/anti-clockwise - I also go ‘diagonally’ across the room too, from corner to opposite corner and then a more general move about towards the end, often concentrating in areas where people sit as the tuning finishes.

Note that the video that you watch before actually doing a TruePlay session explains this.