Our most requested product

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just got an email.

This must be the restoration of S2 16.1.

Due 21st May 2024.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/product-releases

11 replies

Is it a working app?

Badge

I’ve got a feeling it’s not the previous version of their app but their much publicised headphones/buds.

That could be the reason the new app was rushed out in order to make it compatible with their headphones.

any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Wonder if they will even connect or maybe the owner will need to sign in 😜

Hiring new software developers is definitely what they need. New app is horrible and old app wasn’t much better.

Hiring new software developers is definitely what they need. New app is horrible and old app wasn’t much better.

What makes you think it was the software developers who OK’d the release of an incomplete app?  I can almost guarantee it wasn’t a decision made by developers. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Pretty tone deaf to send out an ad like that at the height of customer discontent. Maybe they’re _trying_ to destroy their own company?

What makes you think it was the software developers who OK’d the release of an incomplete app?  I can almost guarantee it wasn’t a decision made by developers. 

The old app was crap too for many years. Should be something they continuously update until it works perfect. Old app never was close to perfect and could never play the whole home well. Either way that department needs a complete overhaul.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’ve got a feeling it’s not the previous version of their app but their much publicised headphones/buds.

That could be the reason the new app was rushed out in order to make it compatible with their headphones.

any thoughts?

It will be the headphones they are, after all, the worst kept secret in the industry.

The old app was crap too for many years. Should be something they continuously update until it works perfect. Old app never was close to perfect and could never play the whole home well. Either way that department needs a complete overhaul.

I can think of no faster way to ruin a product than to fire the developers who have been working on it for years and bring in a team who is brand new to the product.  But what do I know? I’ve only been a Software Engineer Project Lead for over 2 decades. 

The only way this gets fixed is if the people who are actually working on the app are given whatever resources they need to get it done. 

This is 100% a management issue. IMO calling for regular working people to be fired is just wrong. Go after Spence and the C suite 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can think of no faster way to ruin a product than to fire the developers who have been working on it for years and bring in a team who is brand new to the product.  But what do I know? I’ve only been a Software Engineer Project Lead for over 2 decades. 

I agree, the developers are not the problem here its the Product Manager and the Senior Executives.