Skip to main content
Answered

Orbi and 1 era 300 connection problem

• 15 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello. I have a new Orbi router and one new Era 300. Using iPad Sonos app, and am new to Sonos app and speakers. The era 300 will play back the tones to the app during first few steps of setting up the speaker. Then when it is done, an error message appears saying that the speaker needs to be powered down and to use the System tab to finish the setup. Well, the system tab within the app is ghost fill… meaning the app won’t let me even use the system tab to continue. I’ve reset to factory the Era 300 several times and gone through this process for about two weeks. Just about ready to give up on this app. Ideas would be helpful. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TiaMusic 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Orbi mesh systems (just like all the others) will act as a router, but it’s important that you only have one device on your network operating as a router. Therefore, if you added your Orbi system to an existing network, it can be very important to ensure that one of the routers - typically the second one - to be placed into Bridge (or Access Point) mode. There’s more information on this on my troubleshooting article:

The instructions for doing so with Orbi are here: https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Please note that there is a certain amount of guesswork on my part here, so if you are in doubt, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.