Answered

One SL Slow to Start

• 14 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Upon initiating a session on Spotify, (or any service) the music promptly plays across all speakers. However, when skipping to the next track, there's an aggravating delay of 5 to 30 seconds before most speakers start playing the music.  I recall reading a comment suggesting that assigning a static IP address to the system might be beneficial.  I cannot find any real information about this type of set up.  Is it true?  Is there something else I can do or is this a normal occurrence for a Sonos system?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 14 October 2023, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Static/reserved IP addresses are set from your router’s DHCP page. It should have a Help button.

Sounds more like WiFi issues, first step try the other two channels (1, 6 and 11) to see if they are any better.

@Stanley_4  I'll give that a try. Thanks 

@Stanley_4  Update: I was able to reserve IP addresses for each of the speakers and there is a big improvement!  Thanks!