old speakers

• 13 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have sonos play 1 and sonos one speakers paired with a hub…  I like the  look of the new era speakers and other products, they also come with a Bluetooth connection as well as wifi….I would have thought in this day as tech that  some older speakers  could still receive an update which they could poss introduce  a bluetooth connection into or has the bluetooth software had to be installed in to the original speakers. ???

I fully understand sonos cycle as 5 years to introduce other speakers etc etc as like APPLE  products but ……

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You would need new hardware, not just software - The way forward here, is to add a Bluetooth capable Sonos speaker, like the Era 100 and you can then play Bluetooth audio to any/all your Sonos speakers by simply grouping them over the local WiFi network using the Sonos App.

What’s a “hub”? Hopefully, you’re not still using a Sonos BRIDGE, but have upgraded to either a BOOST, or are willing to go wireless completely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s probably a Boost, since his profile mentions a Beam (Gen 2) that is S2 only. The Bridge cannot do S2.