Skip to main content
Answered

Occassionally sound reduces

• 5 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have x2 Amps and x8 speakers across 2 rooms.

On a few occasions the volume reduces down by itself. When you increase it, the volume automatically turns itself down again.

it is occasional and not that common but always seems to happen when we are entertaining. For the price of the system you wouldn’t expect this type of issue.

Diagnostics reference: 1276846024.

Any guidance gratefully received!

Hi @Lornev, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into the diagnostics you’ve sent. The volume commands I can see are all coming from the iOS device connected to the system.

However, I can see a temperature warning on both Amps and this could likely be reducing the volume due to overheating. I’d recommend powering down the Amps for around 30 minutes, then move it to a location with more ventilation as it’s current placement is not ideal. After you’ve done this, power the Amps back on, play test them, then submit another diagnostics after a few minutes of playing so I can check the temperature of the Amps.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Jamie.

That would lake sense as it happens when system is on for a prolonged period and the Amps are stored in a compact cupboard.

thanks for your help! 

Hi @Lornev

Glad to be of assistance. Moving them should likely help with the issue you’re running into, but if it doesn’t, feel free to get back in touch or reach out to our support team for some live troubleshooting.

You can also update this thread if moving the Amps does resolve your issue for other forum users in the future.