Answered

Not getting Dolby Atmos

• 27 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I have the soundbar connected to the Arc port on my TV. I tg rued playing something using my Apple TV and PlayStation but it says it’s playing in Dolby 5.2 and not Dolby Atmos.  Any idea where the issue might be?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 July 2023, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You are using HDMI-ARC, not eARC?

Userlevel 7

@RoxZoe What exactly are you streaming? From what app? What model TV do you have?

I am using HDMI ARC and have Sharp LC-70LE745U.  I am trying to stream movies from Max on Apple TV 4K and PlayStation 5.  

Userlevel 7

I am using HDMI ARC and have Sharp LC-70LE745U.  I am trying to stream movies from Max on Apple TV 4K and PlayStation 5.  

I don’t believe that Dolby Atmos is supported on Max on the PS5. And you need a TV equipped with HDMI eARC to play Atmos audio on the Apple TV 4K. 

Your TV model is pretty old (2012) and probably can’t even pass through standard Dolby Digital 5.1 from an external media device. You either need to get a new TV (ideally with eARC) or add an eARC adapter like an HDFury Arcana that allows the PS5 and Apple TV to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Arc. I use the Arcana with my old TV from 2013 and it works great.

I ordered the Arcana.  Hopefully it’ll fix the issue.