Skip to main content
Question

no recognition as system owner

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I can find some of my products on the new app but not all. I’ve tried to add them but the app tells me to log out and log back in as the system owner. I am the system owner.  I’ve tried to call but the wait time is 90 minutes. Why were all these flaw not eliminated prior to the app being released?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Same problem here. Can somebody reply?

Same problem here as we, after the recent update 

Clearly there was an issue with the recent release, when will you release a patch for users like us that are affected? 

same problem here.  what a crap

Userlevel 1

Same problem - ive owned this systme for 7-10 years and now its asking me to endlessly log in as system owner

Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

Try force closing and restarting the controller. If this is not successful, reset the controller. Some users have reported success after transferring the system to a new owner,  but give your current registration for the new owber.

I have one product. The Beam bar.  I use it to play music from spotify.   When I log in here it shows me with no products.  I open the app on my phone but I can’t connect to my new computer because I am not the “system owner”   Come on this is crap.   I have just spent the last 20 mins searching for an answer.  So ridiculous, it is plugged in not 3 feet from my phone.  My app sees the sound bar but I can’t manage it.  This should be a priority for you Sonos.  To see that other users have been having this issue for months is the icing on the cake after years of dealing with having to unplug, plug back in, turn off modem turn on modem etc etc etc.  It has been one system issue after another since purchase and I have only put up with it for this long due to the natural sunk cost fallacy tendency we all have.  The sound is great your user interface and systems are like watching kindergarten age children try to complete calculus.   If I was not in transition between careers on a fixed budget for school I would be heading off to find a Bose system by the end of the day.