Skip to main content
Answered

New sonos app

So i cant use the old sonos app at all as it just tells me to download the new one, which i did, however my sonos is found but when i update my account it just stays on the page!! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@hollyryman,

I think there are several ways to go about solving your issue, my guess is someone has perhaps upgraded (at least) one or more of the S2 compatible devices in your S1 Sonos HH to S2

Switch off all the S2 compatible devices in your original setup and then try again with the S1 App and see if it then connects to the existing system on your local network. This link shows the Sonos products that are S1/S2 system compatible, just leave your S1 only products powered on, and try with the S1 App.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

If that works for you, then reply back here and I will go onto suggest the next steps you may need to take.. but can you also let me know three additional things…

1. Are you looking to keep all your devices running on S1 only? I assume that’s what all were using before you ran into this issue?
  2. Are there any Sonos One-SL’s forming part of your original setup?
  3. Are any of your Sonos devices S2 only compatible?

That screenshot doesn’t look familiar.  Maybe I haven’t had cause to see it, but have you definitely downloaded the official Sonos S2 app?