Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos 5 Refuses to Connect

I have an existing sonos 5 speaker that connected easily and I recently purchased a second sonos 5 for the same room. I have not had any luck trying to “add a product”.  I have disconnected the new speaker and reconnected to see if I could add that product — no luck. I then tried disconnecting and reconnecting the router — no luck adding the product.  I have also tried to disconnect the old sonos 5 and adding the new product — no luck there as well.  I am adding the product with my iPhone 13 and I have turned it off and restated that (thinking that may be an issue) — no luck adding the product.  Any more ideas how I can get this going??  Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

What colour is the Status light on your new device? Are the two devices Gen i or Gen 2?  What version of the Sonos app do you have installed S1 or S2?

Hi UK Media — you spotted the problem!!  I noticed that the light was solid green.  I had to do a factory reset. After that the process worked flawlessly. 

Many thanks for the very quick response!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi UK Media — you spotted the problem!!  I noticed that the light was solid green.  I had to do a factory reset. After that the process worked flawlessly. 

Many thanks for the very quick response!! 

Great new, thanks for the update.