Skip to main content
Question

New problem. Singer missing on song,

So this problem emerged today. It is like I have suddenly lost a channel. I am only getting part of a song. Let me explain it this way. I am playing the new Decemberists album and none of my speakers are getting the vocal. They all have only the backing track.

i have rebooted the system, updated my speakers. I am at a loss. This just became an issue today.

sny suggestions? Thanks! 

15 replies

So this problem emerged today. It is like I have suddenly lost a channel. I am only getting part of a song. Let me explain it this way. I am playing the new Decemberists album and none of my speakers are getting the vocal. They all have only the backing track.

i have rebooted the system, updated my speakers. I am at a loss. This just became an issue today.

sny suggestions? Thanks! 

What’s the source? Karaoke track maybe?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Ha! No. I have tested the track via my phone and it is there. Also other songs feel like a piece is missing or diminished. It is like the app thinks there is a surround or stereo setting, when there isn’t. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I am starting to wonder if this is about Apple Music talking to Sonos. Other music apps are fine.

I am starting to wonder if this is about Apple Music talking to Sonos. Other music apps are fine.

I’ve recently listened to that album on Apple Music, no issue. 

Are your speakers in stereo pairs or single standalone? If single speakers try stereo pairs and see if it sounds right. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My speakers are all set as standalone since they are all in different rooms. Like I said, I have never had this issue before. I wonder if removing Apple Music and adding it back on might help. 

That’s a possibility. However, if you are streaming from the Apple server….check your routers admin page for updates? If all OK I still suggest you reboot it. 

My speakers are all set as standalone since they are all in different rooms. Like I said, I have never had this issue before. I wonder if removing Apple Music and adding it back on might help. 

Yeah removing and adding Apple Music might fix it. 

In standalone the speakers play the music in mono, l+r tracks together. Some recordings when played back like this cancel out due to phasing. If you can test some speakers in a pair it’s worth a shot  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Removed Apple Music and then put it back on Sonos. It won’t play at all. So I put it down as a new app issue again. Sigh…

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Okay, Apple Music is playing again but still don’t have vocal. Is there a place in settings to tell the speakers to be mono? I just have stereo pairing off?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Now Apple Music not working at all.

I’ve been monitoring this thread. I asked you to reboot your router but heard no response from you positive or negative. So here’s another question  … 

Are you trying to access Apple Music via your own network that you or your ISP setup for you or a shared community network?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Wow. Okay. Yes, I tried rebooting my system and every speaker. I even tried removing and reconnecting Apple Music to the app. It worked for about half and album and now Apple Music isn’t working at all via the Sonos app. I am trying to do everything through the app. When I do it from Apple Music directly to the speaker it works fine. It is all an app issue with Apple. 

Wow. Okay. Yes, I tried rebooting my system and every speaker. I even tried removing and reconnecting Apple Music to the app. It worked for about half and album and now Apple Music isn’t working at all via the Sonos app. I am trying to do everything through the app. When I do it from Apple Music directly to the speaker it works fine. It is all an app issue with Apple. 

There are reliability issues with Apple Music and Sonos right now due to the new lossless support. Lots of people having drop outs and glitches. if airplay is working but playing from the Sonos app is getting drop outs this likely the issue. 

When it does play you are still getting no vocals on some tracks?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

There are reliability issues with Apple Music and Sonos right now due to the new lossless support. Lots of people having drop outs and glitches. if airplay is working but playing from the Sonos app is getting drop outs this likely the issue. 

When it does play you are still getting no vocals on some tracks?

Yes. It is all over the place. Sounds like it is similar. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Today, I have not been able to get the Sonos app to work with Apple music at all. Just have to go directly from Apple to speakers, bypassing the app. I hope they can do an update that fixes the Apple issues.