Skip to main content

My thoughts on the Era 100

• 5 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi All

I have just received my white Era 100 to use in my bedroom as a single speaker. Here are my thoughts:

The look of the speaker - nice looking although I actually prefer the outgoing One (I have 2 sets of them).  The metal grille of the older speaker looks more premium in my opinion. The 100 is still nice mind you.

The set up - very easy as I have excellent WiFi in my home. Did not affect my SonosNet speakers in any way. My app now also reflects the WiFi signal feature on this and my portable speakers which is nice. 

The sound - definitely an improvement on the Ones but not as bigger difference as I thought it would be. Just goes to show how good the Ones are! I would not recommend anyone replaces their Ones, but if buying this size speaker for the first time, then get the 100. Mainly due to the added connections (Bluetooth and line in).

Hope this is of use 👍😊

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and with the Community at large!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Oh and another thing just to add that I have noticed (which may or may not be an issue to some).

The white shade on the Era 100 is slightly different to the other Sonos white speakers. I have mine in my bedroom where I also have a white Playbase and a white Move.

I would say the white of the 100 is somewhere in-between those 2. I don’t mind this at all but it is something to be mindful of.

Oh and another thing just to add that I have noticed (which may or may not be an issue to some).

The white shade on the Era 100 is slightly different to the other Sonos white speakers. I have mine in my bedroom where I also have a white Playbase and a white Move.

I would say the white of the 100 is somewhere in-between those 2. I don’t mind this at all but it is something to be mindful of.

The Move is intentionally a different shade of white, ‘Lunar White’ officially.  Move first was released in black only, and then later Lunar White was created.  I always assumed it was because the pure white didn’t look good after a lot of portable use.  Roam also comes in Lunar White.

Black for Move and Roam are officially called Shadow Black, haven’t really seen if they are a different shade than the non-portable speakers.

As far as the Playbase, I would guess that the white color has faded a bit due to age  (exposure to sunlight?), or just slight changes in manufacturing over time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Move is intentionally a different shade of white, ‘Lunar White’ officially.  Move first was released in black only, and then later Lunar White was created.  I always assumed it was because the pure white didn’t look good after a lot of portable use.  Roam also comes in Lunar White.

Black for Move and Roam are officially called Shadow Black, haven’t really seen if they are a different shade than the non-portable speakers.

As far as the Playbase, I would guess that the white color has faded a bit due to age  (exposure to sunlight?), or just slight changes in manufacturing over time.

Hi Danny, yeah I know the Move and Roam white is Lunar White 😊

The Era 100 is definitely a slightly different shade of white to the Playbase as my Playbase is actually quite new (even though it’s a discontinued speaker). I bought it as a new sealed product only 6 or so months ago. I can also confirm that the Playbase is the same White as my Ray which is in my spare bedroom. The 100 has a slightly different shade of white on the speaker grille. The top and bottom bit do seem to be the same traditional white mind you. 

I do seem to recall some reviewer saying this before launch but I cannot remember who or where I saw that.

I don’t mind the slight difference at all though.