Skip to main content
Question

my new sonos arc is not starting wo the update, and it seems to be impossible to do it

• 24 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello, I and my girlfriend just bought 2 new sonos arc units for our apartments. We both have the same issue, can not start our arcs since we can not complete the upgrade step. Error code 1.101. We tried every possible option still no output for both of us. Anybody else experienced the same problem. It is a big disappointment that we can not run them. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Firstly make sure you're on the latest version of the app (from earlier today).

Connect the Arc to the router by ethernet cable, give it two minutes, then try again to run the update.

If that doesn't work, try installing the Sonos desktop app on Windows or Mac (download from the Sonos website), and try updating the speakers again. 

Thanks for your reply, I got the latest app from yesterday. Connected my arc to the router via ethernet cable and gave it 5mins. Then tried to app and had the same issue error 1.101. 

Then I downloaded the app for windows. adjusted firewall settings on my private laptop. Reset my arc and tried both with ethernet cable and with wifi. No progress. If you have any other recommandations please let me know. 

Thanks for your reply, I got the latest app from yesterday. Connected my arc to the router via ethernet cable and gave it 5mins. Then tried to app and had the same issue error 1.101. 

Then I downloaded the app for windows. adjusted firewall settings on my private laptop. Reset my arc and tried both with ethernet cable and with wifi. No progress. If you have any other recommandations please let me know. 

I would Return the Arc. Check back here in a few months to see if the Sonos app is still a wreck before you buy again. 

Or keep trying as some people post saying that it just works after trying for a long time. You could also call Sonos support 😬

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What type of router do you have? It is a mesh network try plugging the arc into the main router. Keep your phone close to the ark. And try again

Thanks for your replies, I believe I tried everything that  I can and still the system is not working. It is a shame. 

I am connecting my arc to the main router directly via ethernet cable, the device is visible on the app I can see the serial number but can not start the device. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What do you mean by “start the device”? Are you referring to completing the setup?

Does your router have parental controls? If so, make sure they are disabled. You may also want to disable the router’s firewall during the setup. You can re-enable it when you’re done.

Keep the Arc connected with Ethernet to your router. This should be the main router if you are using a mesh network.