Answered

My Era 100 keeps disconnecting

• 8 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I’m fairly new in the ecosystem, so I’m not sure what’s happening. Setting context, I’m using two Sonos Era 100 speakers in adjacent rooms. They’re connecting with wifi, its the only way I’m using them to play music (no bluetooth).

The issue is that one of them keeps losing its connection. It also disappears sometimes from the app (and returns). I’ve been reading about wifi interference, but even moving it right next to the router still gives the same issue. I’ve rebooted and reinstalled it, not fixed. 

I’ve upgraded from a Citation HK to Sonos, but the past few week has been extremely frustrating. It really doesn’t work properly. It also seems like creating its own network using ethernet is also not an option anymore for Era 100? I really want to fix this, but I’m at a loss right now.

I’ve been reading the forum but haven’t found an answer. Thank you

Edit: just to clarify, the Era’s are both connected to wifi 2.4

icon

Best answer by bartjh 9 November 2023, 06:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Too close is not good, keep about a meter’s distance.

Have you tried channels 1, 6 and 11 to see if any one is better?

I had this same issue but with Era 300’s + Sub Gen 3. All 3 were grouped, 2 of them kept vanishing and reappearing and cutting out. I logged into my Sky broadband router and changed the channel from “auto” to 6 for the 2.4ghz WiFi settings and it seems to have solved the issue! 

They aren’t that close, I would say at least 5m away from each other.

I’ll have to figure out how to change this channel to 6. I’ll try this first. Thanks for the feedback.

Ok, so I managed to change the channel to 6 for my 2.4Ghz band. I’ve been playing music without interruption/disconnection for an hour or so. For now, it seems like this solved it!

I’m happy it works, but somewhat surprised that this is a requirement 😦

Thank you Stanley and Suthercane 🙏🏼