Skip to main content

Hi, i currently have a Beam Gen 2, and i am planing to expand the ecosystem, now that i have the soundbar, i am looking into upgrade my current sonos for music listening, i am torn between adding a sub mini, or just get 1 era 300, my question is interms of music listening will beam gen2+sub-mini be better or a era300 sounds better? Need help on this from the experience user out there.. thanks in advance

Hi @Adrianssn

Both are good options for expanding your Sonos ecosystem but for music, you’ll definitely get a better experience with an Era 300 added into the mix. Please note that while this will enhance your music experience, it will do nothing for your TV experience as grouping the Era 300 with the Beam will just repeat the Beams audio.

From there, you could add another Era 300 to your Sonos system and use them as surrounds with your Beam. As you have a Beam Gen 2, you’ll be able to experience spatial audio from movies with a Bema Gen 2 and two Era 300s.  

The Sub Mini is still a good addition to the home theater listening experience. If you’re looking to enhance that in the future, I would recommend adding one to help complete the setup.

Other community users may have different opinions to me, so I would invite them to also provide any recommendations. There are also many recommendation threads across the Sonos community for you to check out as well.

I hope this information helps! 

Hi Jamie, thanks for the great tip, really appreciate, yeah, I guess ultimately I would ended up having both the eta 300 and sub mini, as they are complimentary, for eta 300 with sub mini and the gen 2 with sub mini, jus that I am stuck in getting the sub mini first or the era 300 first.. but with your reply, it gets me closer to the decision I need to make.. appreciate it