Skip to main content
Question

moving

• 18 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Can someone lend a hand?   I moved a few days ago and I've been trying to set up my Sonos play 1 and Sonos one 2nd gen.  I'm at wits end.  More factory resets than I can  say.  Things work great when I use the Ethernet to hard wire but who needs two speakers hardwired in a closet?!   The minute I move them, it asks me to set up a new network and then find new devices, do a factory reset and an update and then I get an error and we begin again.  What is happening?  Is it time to move to a new system?  I've never had such challenge with Sonos before.  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sadly after the factory resets the easy solution is gone for you, for others that see this post the best solution seems to be setting your new WiFi to use your old WiFi’s SSID and password avoiding the changes needed to your Sonos.

You might try wiring them both and getting them set to use your new WiFi. Power them down, unplug the Ethernet and power them back up. If that doesn’t work check your new WiFi is set to a mode compatible with Sonos gear.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/supported-wifi-modes-and-security-standards-for-sonos-products