Skip to main content
Question

Moved home and unable to set up new system or change wifi

• 7 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve just moved home with 3 products - 2x Play 1 and 1x One SL, but need to set up a new system. For some system, this is proving incredibly difficult and throwing up some strange issues along the way. First off, the app wouldn’t recognise any of the speakers. I performed a factory set on each and they have since managed to connect.

Play 1 x2 - goes through the motions of setting up as a new system on the Sonos app, culminating in a message saying the products have been added but may not show up under system until they are unplugged and reconnected. Unplug, reconnect - no system found.

One SL - doesn’t even go through the motions on the Sonos app, but on the old Sonos S1 app it will connect using the infinity button and then...nothing. No system shows up, no other products can be connected.

Several hours and a conversation with Support later - I still can’t set up any products on a system.

Anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Shez1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having in trying to get your Sonos system working at your new home. Although not ideal, factory resetting and starting from scratch should have worked.

Can I ask what router you have, please? Or, who your Internet Service Provider is? Thanks.

Hi @Shez1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having in trying to get your Sonos system working at your new home. Although not ideal, factory resetting and starting from scratch should have worked.

Can I ask what router you have, please? Or, who your Internet Service Provider is? Thanks.

I am having the same issue with setting up my Sonos after changing my wifi password. I use a Netgear router 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kokomo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear that! Is your Netgear router an Orbi device, by any chance?