Answered

Mixing Sonos with non-Sonos speakers

• 6 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I have Sonos Arc, Sub, and 2x One SL speakers, connected to my TV and via WiFi. I also have an integrated amp that is connected to Connect via RCAs, and Boost for internet connection. The amp also drives 2 M&L electrostatic speakers. Can I integrate the latter with the Sonos sound output?

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 February 2023, 06:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes, but I don’t recommend attempting to integrate the 3rd party speakers with TV viewing. You can Group SONOS Rooms to play the same music and all members of the Group will be time aligned. If you Group TV audio, there will be a delay for units Grouped with the TV audio. You can somewhat mitigate this delay by going to Settings --> System --> [BEAM] --> TV Dialog Sync. Here you can adjust the BEAM’s delay, but this will usually compromise TV lip sync.

Thanks, my next problem is with the TB itself. I have almost as much trouble deciphering its idiosyncrasies as I do with the Sonos app🤔.