missing room/speaker

• 23 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I have had Sonos items for years. They have always been a problem and I regret buying them. I have 7 speakers and the latest issue is one was moved and it cannot be reconnected. Everything goes ok until I am asked to press the buttons. It then says it cannot be connected but no reason is given.

i can see loads of other people have the same problem, No wonder you have such a bad reputation.

5 replies

Are you interested in assistance with the network issues your system is experiencing, or did you just want to register your dissatisfaction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Why do you need to press buttons just because you moved it? Did you reset it? 
Surely you just have to physically move it to the new location, plug it in and wait for it to power up and reconnect with your system. If it’s now in a new room you then re-name it. 

Yes I am interested in assistance thanks.

We need more information. Which SONOS models are in your system? Are any wired to the network? Describe your network. What model router? Are there any network switches? Wireless relays? Mesh points? Which device are you using to control the system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes I am interested in assistance thanks.

Then please tell us what you wanted to do, what you’ve done, and why/at what point you’re asked to press buttons.