Answered

Making a pair of Sonos One SL Bluetooth friendly

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello!

For my modest sound system, I have a stereo pair of Sonos One SL. I’d like to make it able to work with Bluetooth in order to connect it easily to my computer or my Steam Deck. I heard one way of doing so would be to use another Sonos Bluetooth speaker like the Sonos Roam, but could not find any info about it online. Thus my precise questions are:

• Is it possible to group a Sonos Roam (or another not too expensive Bluetooth speaker) with a pair of Sonos One SL?
  • Will this whole new sound system be able to receive Bluetooth signal?
  • Will it impact the sound experience in a negative way? I’d still like the two Sonos One SL to act as a stereo pair.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day!

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 19 March 2024, 10:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Bullet 1 = Yes

Bullet 2 = Sort of.  The Roam (or other BT Sonos Speaker) will receive the BT stream and then forward the stream using Wifi (Or Sonosnet) to the Sonos One SL (or any and every other Sonos speaker in that System/Household. Note that the Roam would not need to be playing sound along with the One SLs unless you want it to. (https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/share-roam-s-bluetooth-audio-with-your-sonos-system)

Bullet 3 = No, not any worse than any other BT stream. And if the BT signal is stereo it will play stereo on the One SLs.

This article give more info:-

Points to be aware of.  There will be a delay in the sound on the One SLs that may make gaming annoying.

Good luck

Thank you, the article and your details seem to be indeed a complete answer, to bad for the delay though of minimum 75ms though…