Mains conditioners with Sonos

• 24 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Would a mains conditioner with surge protection help the performance of the Sonos Arc? And would it provide additional protection? 

I have a Tacima CS947 that I’m considering using with my system but I want to know if there’s any advice from Sonos for something like this. Is it preferable plugging straight to the power socket on the wall or is a mains conditioner better?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hard to be definitive, but there are a few of us in this community that believe there is indeed a benefit. Remember, every Sonos speaker is essentially a computer, more protection is always better. 

Surge protection, yes.  Most definitely.  Conditioner?  Don’t waste your money, they are pretty much snake oil. 

I prefer units that publish their full specifications.

Risk varies significantly by location. Modern hi rise buildings in my area are well protected and there is little reason to go overboard adding extra protection. I would characterize some of the suburbs as “lightning alley”.  In lightning alley industrial duty production is a must and if the house is directly struck, “providence” is your best chance at salvation.

From the few details that I can find regarding the Tacima, it is a step up from the nearly worthless entry level suppressors, but hardly in the industrial duty class.