Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I have an open plan living room with a play5, 2x Sonos ones and a beam and a sub.

Occasionally we like to have parties and at the moment I’ve all the Sonos app at 100% for all speakers and it still doesn’t sound loud enough to feel like you want to dance. It’s not quiet but it’s not loud enough to sound like you are out somewhere. 

Any advise to make it louder? I brought the extra speakers thinking it would make it louder but it doesn’t seem to increase the volume when you add another speaker - it just means it doesn’t get quieter when you walk around the room as there is solid coverage around the room.

thanks for any recommendations you may have?

What is your music source? Check your speaker settings and make sure you have the Volume Limit setting set to OFF on all of your speakers in the Sonos app.

Also:

Make sure the surrounds are set to Full Mode.

The two Fives should be blasting you out of the room at full volume. The Beam, Sub and Ones should play quite loudly too.

What music source are you playing and is there a volume control on it in addition to the Sonos volume control?

Experiment with SUB placement in the room.

My guess would be most likely a turntable without a pre-amp, and potentially low settings on the line in. 

Sonos has lowered its volume over the last 3 years. It’s not what it used to be. Their sound engineers supposedly know better than the buyers of their products. Unfortunately they control it..not us.

This has not been my experience, but I rarely go over 40% volume.