Skip to main content
Answered

Lost Sub and Surrounds, even from SSDP

• 27 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Not sure how but the latest update (was away for a couple of weeks) has made my Sub and two Play:3 surrounds vanish. I can see that one of the Play:3s shows up on the network briefly (on 5GHz), then goes away. They are really not there - router says they are offline, SSDP fails for them. (The Sub and the P3s are bound to different Playbars).

Things are getting pretty bad when even the Desktop app can’t find them (and also my app and any UPnP utility as well).

I’m going to break out a long Ethernet cable for additional testing next. If that fails I guess I’ll reset them, but that just seems so very unnecessary.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That is a bit scary, I’m being very cautious with my setup, doing the bare minimum to get something playing I can listen to.

I have a couple rooms that have been powered off since before this latest app change and my Apple controllers, also powered down, that all should still be good on the old S2 App if I cut my Internet before I power them up. Holding them in reserve and hoping the current mess resolves.

I am so glad mom is still on S1, at 99 she can’t deal with this kind of thing. Worst case I hope I can factory reset a couple of mine, add them to her S1 setup and then bring them home to use as a new S1 system here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Fixed: I assigned the surrounds fixed IP addresses, which I have never had to do before, on any system, and this morning the surrounds are still on the network. I’ll do the Sub next once my morning starts.

(And yes, my S1 system was naturally unaffected).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I only got my Sub back after rebooting the Playbar it was bonded to. I have no given it a fixed IP address. Note that no devices were harmed (or factory reset) during this rediscovery process.