Answered

line-in on era100

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I have used an iPod connected to Sonos 5, years ago.  The playlist was exported from iTunes and filed under iTunes/music folder.  Is this how era100 line-in works as well?  

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 1 November 2023, 21:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

If I understand your question...the line-in on an Era 100 works the same as a line-in on a Sonos Play 5 (gen1 and gen2) and on the Sonos Five.

Userlevel 2

Yes! That’s right.  Could I use any MP3 player?  I’ve been using strictly apple products hence the iPod Classic. I found this configuration easier and more reliable than NAS drive. Could an iPod touch be used?  

Thank you!

Any device that creates a line level output will work. Slightly more problematic are variable outputs, you end up with fighting volume controls. Usually this occurs if you’re using a headphone jack to feed the Sonos, I usually suggest starting with at least setting the volume to 50% loudness, to ensure there is enough signal output for the Sonos to latch on to. 

Userlevel 2

I will begin experimenting. 
Thank you for your expert advice : )