Answered

line in - Era 100

• 16 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

Before I buy, if I connect to the line in on one of a link pair of Era 100s will sound be outputted on  both speakers?

also could I also stream the same audio for that line in to other speakers on the same network?

many thanks 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 16 June 2023, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, if the 100s are stereo paired, the line-in will play on both speakers.  Note: When used as surrounds in a Home Theater setup, the line-in function is disabled on the Five, Amp, and Era speakers.

Yes, if the 100s are stereo paired, the line-in will play on both speakers.  Note: When used as surrounds in a Home Theater setup, the line-in function is disabled on the Five, Amp, and Era speakers.

Thanks. Do you know if what is played via the line in will also be able to be played through my other speakers on the same network using the Sonos app or Apple airplay2?

Thanks. Do you know if what is played via the line in will also be able to be played through my other speakers on the same network using the Sonos app or Apple airplay2?

The Line-In can be a source for any and all Sonos speakers, through the Sonos app, not Airplay.  You can even play the Line-In on other Sonos speakers and play another source on the unit which has the Line-In connection.  

The Line-In can be a source for any and all Sonos speakers, through the Sonos app, not Airplay.  You can even play the Line-In on other Sonos speakers and play another source on the unit which has the Line-In connection.  

That answers all my questions.

many thanks