Answered

LINE IN 3,5 MM

Badge +1

Hi all

sorry for my question, but is it possibile to see a picture of a line in 3,5 mm jack to connect the source to the ERA 300? …

meny thanks

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 5 May 2023, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

To my knowledge, there is no 3.5mm line in, it’s a USB line in that requires the Sonos dongle. US link provided for personal ease of effort, check your own ‘store’

There is no built-in Line-In.  The Line-In requires you purchase the above USB-C dongle from Sonos.

Badge +1

yes sure, but to connect to this ...which kind of…?

It’s a standard 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug.  Mini-plug cables are available with a number of terminations on the other end, RCA being the most common to connect turntables, CD players, etc.  

Not sure if this is what we’re getting at here, but 3.5 mm ‘male’ ends will have 1 stripe (mono), 2 strips (stereo), and 3 strips (stereo + mic).   They are all  the same size and should be usable, but obviously, the ‘mic’ stripe can’t be used by the Era speakers.  I would think mono cable would work, but stereo is obviously the better choice and readily available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s a standard 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug.  Mini-plug cables are available with a number of terminations on the other end, RCA being the most common to connect turntables, CD players, etc.  

The rounded side of the Sonos adaptor will fit the connector shown to the right in the picture: that’s the 3,5mm jack.

Badge +1

Many thanks!!