Answered

legacy connection issues with eero wifi? sonos1 app

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Been trying to connect the sonos system for months now… One more try before I beat the crap out of every sonos POS speaker with a bat on tik tok!!   I have unplugged, replugged try to connect (eero in legacy mode) nothing, not one speaker, the bridge not a thing is found.  The buttons you show dont match anything and then you go into a loop of nothing but BS!!  Spent hundreds on your products and now they are just paper weights

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 3 February 2023, 17:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is a user forum where Sonos sometimes lurks. If you ask nicely and explain your (wifi) set up, maybe you can receive some help by fellow Sonos users.

Okay so cannot get my legacy sonos to link… after many many tries with the steps sonos gives No luck.  I legacy my router and not recognized…

So, you’re using S1 and have a BRIDGE, some unknown Sonos speaker and an eero mesh is what I’m able to get from your two posts. 

What happens when you remove the BRIDGE completely, and wire the unknown Sonos speaker directly to the eero base station with an Ethernet cable? That might tell us if the BRIDGE is the failure point, since it has been the common failure point in many other situations in this forum.

If it has failed, you might either leave one Sonos speaker wired to the eero base station, and that speaker will take over the functions of the BRIDGE, or you could get a Sonos BOOST, which is the replacement for the BRIDGE, released in 2014, and wire that to your base eero station. The BOOST has a much better power supply, better components, and still can run S1.