Skip to main content
Answered

Is it just me, or is there no way to set alarms in the new app?

I always use my Sonos one as a alarm to get up in the morning, it’s the only reason I bought the thing. And I absolutely hate that they removed alarms in the new app. Please bring them back as soon as possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I’ve a Pixel 7 with the latest app (80.03.04-release+20240618.cd11093). All my Sonos are up to date (79.1-54060). But still I don’t have alarms!

I’ve reinstalled the app several times, I’ve deleted the app data several times, but still no alarm.

What’s wrong SONOS? According to your release notes, alarms should be there since several versions. Why I don’t have alarms in my app?

metti I had a similar problem and found the issue to be related to add blocker / firewall software that was blocking communications between the App and airship.com, who I believe provide services such as feature flags that companies can use to turn on / off functionality. 

When I lifted the firewall temporarily, I was able to get access to the Alarms.

I then also had to keep it lifted to set an initial alarm.

I’ve a Pixel 7 with the latest app (80.03.04-release+20240618.cd11093). All my Sonos are up to date (79.1-54060). But still I don’t have alarms!

I’ve reinstalled the app several times, I’ve deleted the app data several times, but still no alarm.

What’s wrong SONOS? According to your release notes, alarms should be there since several versions. Why I don’t have alarms in my app?

metti I had a similar problem and found the issue to be related to add blocker / firewall software that was blocking communications between the App and airship.com, who I believe provide services such as feature flags that companies can use to turn on / off functionality. 

Thanks for the hint, but it didn’t work. I’m using indeed an unbound blacklist, but I didn’t find any request to airsip.com. I’ve also disabled the blacklist and still it didn’t work.

To be honest, if SONOS requires internet access to set an alarm, then I really no longer understand what they are doing...

I’ve to

msmetrics.ws.sonos.com

Thanks for the hint, but it didn’t work. I’m using indeed an unbound blacklist, but I didn’t find any request to airsip.com. I’ve also disabled the blacklist and still it didn’t work.

To be honest, if SONOS requires internet access to set an alarm, then I really no longer understand what they are doing...

I’ve to correct myself and yes, I’m more and more disappointed what SONOS is doing.

I had to whitelist msmetrics.ws.sonos.com and restart the app and suddenly, the alarms appeared 😔

Sorry, they should fire the people who are responsible for such a decision! 😡 How bold do you have to be to link such a functionality with collecting data for marketing? Sorry SONOS, this is a NO GO!