iPod Touch doesn't play loud through Sonos 5 second generation

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi. My iPod touch used to play through my 5 gen 2 very loud. In the last few years I cannot get the volumes as high as I used to. Playing music through my iPhone - which I DON’T want to do is much louder. I have tried everything to get the high volumes of the good old days back on my iPod touch through my 5 Generation 2 - no success. Please help. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I’m playing my music through iTunes not Apple music

Can you clarify what you mean by ‘play through’?  Are you using airplay on your Apple devices, or are you selecting music to play in the Sonos app?  Or maybe your device is connected to the aux input on the Play:5?

Hey! Thanks for responding. Yes, I’m using airplay.

Ipod touch, itunes, through airplay to Sonos 5 gen 2

You might want to contact Apple support with this question.  The Sonos speaker isn’t going to treat audio any differently whether it comes from your ipod or your iphone.  And I personally don’t use airplay very much, but I would look to see if there is any sort of settings on your ipod that are different from your iphone.  Perhaps there is a gain/volume setting or the treble/bass that you’ll want to adjust.

Hi Melvimbe!

Thanks for that. I will check it out. I’ll compare the settings on the two devices to see if I can suss it out.

I’ll check back in when I’ve given it a go.

All the best!

Onward!

Ayinedollah

Full disclosure: I’m not an iPod Touch user and I only use AirPlay for occasional tests.

There can be occasional “wars” between Volume controls because there is a SONOS Volume control and an Apple Volume control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Check you’ve not set a “volume limit” on the iPod.