Skip to main content

Hello people,

So I jumped on the Sonos wagon last year and things were fine until about a month ago when the speaker keeps disconnecting from the network. Today’s episode is the worst yet and I’m right considering selling the damn thing and getting another brand. I’ve spent at least 5 hours today trying everything listed on the support site but nothing works. I’ve reset the speaker over 7 times and also deleted and reinstalled the app, plus unplugging my router uncountable times today. 

I’ll appreciate if anyone has a once and for all solution for this. 

thank you

Kingsley

Have you tried moving your speaker to a different location in the room? A spot closer to your router might be helpful. If it’s close enough, you can even wire the speaker to the router with an ethernet cable.

I will try that tonight, though my router is in a different room, not far from the speaker. If it works it means I’ll have to keep it plugged in the router and get a second speaker to extend to the other room.

many thanks 

I tried it and it worked. Thank you @GuitarSuperstar 

This was happening to me yesterday and I wondered if I had a defective speaker?  Anyway the Sonos rep told me to turn off speaker from the back and hold for 12 seconds.  That worked, for a while.  I was playing Spotify at the time, then switched to Pandora and it has not re-occurred.

I’ve just ordered a second Eero router so I can move the speaker back to where it was and I can use Ethernet cable. I love soft music in the background when I’m working.