Answered

Inline Era 100s with a passive subwoofer

• 21 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I am a complete Sonos novice, so I don’t even know if this question makes sense.  My current old school setup is a Yamaha stereo receiver connected to a Bose accoustimas subwoofer, with two Bose 301 connected to the subwoofer.  The 301s need to be retired.  Can I connect 100s to my receiver using the inline adaptor connected to the cd out on my Yamaha receiver, but still keep the Bose subwoofer connected to the receiver to get more bass or would the 100s and the Bose subwoofer be out of synch? Just trying to avoid getting the Sonos mini subwoofer right away.  My primary use will be to listen to vinyl through my Fluance turntable that is connected to my Yamaha receiver.  I’ll grow my Sonos system over time.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 January 2024, 23:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

There will likely be a delay with the line-in connection that won’t sync with the Bose subwoofer. Your best option is connecting the turntable directly to one of the Era 100s directly (via the Sonos Line-In Adapter) and add the Sub Mini later.