Answered

Ikea Symfonisk doesn't connect

• 20 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I bought the Ikea Symfonisk bookshelf speaker a year ago and have had nothing but problems.    It has truly turned me off from buying any Sonos products in the future. 

It will connect sporadically to Wifi using the SONOS app.   Once it connects, if the power happens to go off it will not reconnect to Wifi despite me resetting the entire unit and reinstalling and resetting the Sonos app.  I have even tried connecting using Ethernet cable - no change.   

I always thought Sonos was a high-end reliable brand.  How can they put these substandard products in the market?  I have tried contacting Sonos support multiple times but they have been of zero help.   Has anyone had the same issue with this product and successfully resolve it? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 May 2023, 16:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you called Sonos and asked them for advice? What did they say?

I have talked to them multiple times.  They have zero clue.  They make me go through the same steps of resetting the Sonos and the Sonos app but no change.   Its truly disappointing that Sonos would put a shoddy product like this on the market without testing it properly.   I was going to change me entire home system to Sonos which I would never consider doing after this experience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keashdoc 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Upon review of your post here and your existing, related cases, we’ve escalated one of your cases internally - please expect to hear from our team soon.

I am having the same problem 

I have got four book shelf speaker about a week back and having trouble in adding more than one speaker.  Also I got this with a purpose of setting up my home theater with Sonus Beam and One with Sonus Arc.  Before buying I checked out of it will connect. It says it will. I toot it a friends place to connect with his ARC but it didn’t not connect.  If anyone has a solution please let me know.  If not I would like to return them. I also tried to set up as a stereo Wi-Fi it is not able to recognise. 

I don’t understand your system. Are you attempting to configure two home theater rooms, one room with ARC and the second home theater room with BEAM?

NO

i got four of them so that i can connect in one home theater two book shelf speakers as rear speakers to the ARC and in other floor in the family room two book shelf speakers as rear speakers to the BEAM

i am yet to buy the ARC and BEAM 

I am also not able to connect the two book shelf speakers as STEREO 

At this point you have only one speaker operational? Was this the speaker that you took to a friend’s house?

No I have four speakers

Since you have only four recently purchased speakers and we don’t know exactly how you have set up the system, I recommend that you  Factory Reset all of the units and re-install. As you install the second and following units, make sure that you “Add” the units to an existing system. The options can be confusing, leading some users to create multiple systems, rather than one system with multiple units.